Dusty Reads #16

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dusty Reads #16


Dusty Reads is a meme hosted by Giselle from Expresso Reads, featuring a book which has been staying at my bookpile for a long time.


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Summary from Goodreads :
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything

The original cover :

Hm... somehow some parts of Indonesia version remind me of Percy Jackson movie picture =x

Honestly I planned to borrow this book from my friend rather than bought it myself, but because the story seems so tempting then suddenly I have this in my own shelf, still untouch until now. The version I have has many pages, I'm afraid the story would be dragged or I couldn't enjoy it well. But since the movie will be released soon, I think I have to read this book soon before it hit the theatres.

Have you read this book? What do you think about it?
If you do Dusty Reads meme, please be free to leave your link ;)


3 comments :

  1. weleh belum pernah liat di Gramed or toko buku manapun. Emang mau ada filmnya ya Cha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punya GPU loh ini. Tapi emang si aku liad di tokbuk kayaknya dah jarang ada,pdhl masi baru2 aja.
    Iya ni mau dibuat filmnya, 2013 rilis. The Hostnya Steph Meyer juga. Yg mau kluar filmnya 2013 bukunya tebel2 :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Host aku tau.. yang main si Saoirse Ronan soalnya, aku suka dia Cha. Keren aktingnya soalnya di Atonement. heheh..
    Itu yang versi GPU cowoknya kok kaya cowok tahun 1970-an ya..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)