REVIEW : Something About You by Julie James

Friday, February 3, 2012

REVIEW : Something About You by Julie James


Something About You

Author     : Julie James
Publisher  : Elexmedia
Source     : Bought
Pages       : 411

Summary from Goodreads :
Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends with a death. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be Special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago- and for nearly ruining his career.

Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it's no joke; the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes- and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.

Whoa! Another amazing contemporary romance by Julie James =D She's definitely my favorite romance writer, along with Lisa Kleypas! I really love her writing style after reading Just The Sexiest Man Alive, and when I saw this on upcoming release I was like HOOORAY 8D, and immediately rushed to a bookstore to get it and this book still amazed me with smart characters, witty dialogue and yeah, more but enough steamy romance that I didn't find on JTSMA (and not complain though =p)

Something About You combines 2 themes I love, romance and crime thriller, and still inserting funny-sexy dialogues and sarcasm. Although it's not really that suspenseful and there's a part when the story goes from the criminal's side (so we know why he did that), it's still quite enjoyable for me. The characters are mostly smart and I never bored of reading smart people, especially a combination of attorney and FBI agent, damn wicked~ xD
Cameron Lynde is a female Assistant U.S. Attorney ; full of confidence, smart, bold and a successful one. But still, she's just an ordinary woman who need protection when one day she accidentally became an ear-witness of homicide and she would be the next target because of it. Then accidentally too, Jack Pallas, a brooding-hot FBI agent who just came back from his 'exile' is one who takes a responsibility to this case. And their hatred to each other is mutual because of certain situation in the past.

I like Cameron, although she's a 'stand-alone' type she doesn't fake herself and admit she needs help, even from her enemy (Jack Pallas) and although Cameron has Jack protected her, she also smart and willing to sacrifice herself to protect him. They both are really mutually at many things : hate, protection and love. Jack is a swoooooon worthy alpha-male : tall, dark, handsome and dangerous . He's a 'legendary' FBI agent and work professionally. But with Cameron, he also very protective, both from the criminal and other men. I like Cameron and Jack interaction, misunderstanding cause them hating each other, but slowly they clear them and reconcile (some with quite smutty way, lol). Not like JTSMA which almost doesn't have any single make love scenes, this book has it, quite steamy and sweet but with enough portion so it doesn't look 'meh' to me. I'm so glad although this is romance genre, it's not too much focusing in sex scene and we also can enjoy the relationship development between Cameron and Jack. Also don't forget about the besties : Amy, Collin, and Wilkins. They also sparks this story with their witty-ness and warm friendship. I mesmerized by Collin many times and hoping I can have a guy friend who willing to cook me delicious meal like Collin does =D.

I think Julie James will always write a romance story I like the most. If you like Contemporary Romance with intriguing story, smart-sarcastic-funny characters, and proportional make-up scenes, you should read this book!
Now I really can't wait to read other book of her, like Practice Makes Perfect or A Lot Like Love. I hope they'll be published here soon! =D



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)