REVIEW : Just The Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

REVIEW : Just The Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James


Just The Sexiest Man Alive
Author     : Julie James
Publisher  : Elexmedia
Source     : Bought
Pages       : 440 pages

Blurb :
A fabulously fun, romantic comedy from a dynamic new talent.

Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan not in the courtroom and not in her personal life. So when she's assigned to coach People's Sexiest Man Alive for his role in the next big legal drama, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob's charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews


'Just The Sexiest Man Alive'
Yum.
Definitely my favorite chicklit this year because I can re-read it for couple times and never bored of it.

Because read too many paranormal books is not healthy (lol), I searched for contemporary novel to neutralized my mind, and I found this title. At first when I saw this on the Upcoming Release on Elexmedia I was like "Ow, tempting title" but I didn't buy it because I was like "Meh, maybe just another 'meh' adult novel". I just feel tired with some chicklits, sometimes they have more sex scenes than the story itself, sometimes the story is beyond my acceptation, sometimes they're too corny, well, doesn't mean that they're bad, just....a little tired =p. Then, I use Goodreads search engine to take a peek what this book about. And I got fab blurb, good reviews, pretty original cover, they were enough to made me gave a try and.... I LOVE IT!

This novel has everything I love at chicklit kind : light, funny, witty, sarcastic, but also serious and romantic=D. Julie James did an awesome job and I totally fall in love with her writing style. She knows what kind of characters that make us swoon (uh yeah, Jason. I even love his name only). The story flows nicely and at the right pace. James does have a deep knowledge about Law and Hollywood, and how to mixing it into a fabulous love story, since she has worked at those worlds before. One thing, I can enjoy this story more because it almost doesn't have any explicit sex nor kissing scenes (well, only slightly at the end part), and indeed, still very romantic and sweet =D

Taylor Donovan is my favorite heroine type, I just really like how Julie James built her. I love her for being a pretty, confident, smart and strong woman with cool job as a lawyer. Her fail engagement maybe doesn't distract her from her work life but it does traumatize her. It's hard for her to trusts any other man and hesitates to starts a new relationship again. Then one day she's forced to holds a project with Jason Andrews, a Hollywood actor. Jason is not just a Hollywood actor, he's the biggest, hottest, and scandalous actor at his era.
And Jason...oh Jason xD
Because all qualities he has, Jason is friggin' arrogant. But surprisingly he's also very funny, caring and childish at his thirties, he just shows it to everyone he trusts and cares, like Jeremy his BFF and of course, Taylor. I enjoyed and cracked a lot while read his parts and I really-really love him. I always attracted to arrogant and childish heroes, I find them cute. I know something wrong with me, lol.
Their relationship grows slowly but very cutely anf nicely. Taylor doesn't fall easily to Jason and his Hollywood charms. At first she thought she hated him, she kept saying no, even slammed her office door in front of Jason's nose. But then she realizes Jason is more than his actor facade. Jason too at first he thinks Taylor is just the same as every woman he dated or dumped. He's wrong and totally falls for her unique personalities he never find before. You can say although he's the best actor in this world, he tries really hard to get Taylor.

I like the friends too : Jeremy, Kate and Valerie. They're lovable, funny, supportive, really good friends, especially Jeremy. I was once hoped that Jer hooked to Kate or Val, but no further story about it. Hm..too bad :)

This is my first book of Julie James and I NEED MOAR! I have to find some more of her works. Soon I'll get "Something About You", an FBI series. Whoohoo!
So... you like chicklit? You dream to date any Hollywood guy?
Try to read this one =D




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)