REVIEW : The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

REVIEW : The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead



The Indigo Spell

Author      : Richelle Mead
Publisher   : Razorbill
Source      : Bought
Pages        : 401 (Hardback)

Summary from Goodreads :
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

Book trailer :
This book has a LOT of trailers which have a LOT of Sydrian moments! YAY! Just check THIS out, will ya! ;)

Review :
May contain spoiler from Bloodlines and The Golden Lily though I try to minimize it, so if you haven't read The Golden Lily of even haven't start this series, you might want to skip this review. If you want to risk, just go ahead ;).

As quite a big fan of VA and Bloodlines series, of course I was as really excited as the others to read The Indigo Spell (I even watched the trailers, SIX awesome trailers over and over again!), so when this book came I immediately push aside the other books I've planned to read at that time and read this with ridiculous excitement. I couldn't wait to meet the beloved characters here, a.k.a Sydney and ADRIAN, the ADRIAN IVASHKOV, gosh now positively I love him more than Dimitri! =D
Anyway, of course I loved this book! At first I was afraid the relationship between Sydney and Adrian would be back forward or be awkward because of unfortunate event at the end of The Golden Lily, but thankfully it's all still very normal, as normal as Sydney and Adrian have been before with all funny, witty, swoon-worthy moments, mostly from Mr. Ivashkov =D.

Like always, I really enjoyed how Mead carefully and steadily developed everything in each volume. Sydney, for some reason, has been taking a special place in my heart since I read about her for the first time in Blood Promise and I admire her more in this book! Sydney grows more rebellious and involves deeper in magic world as she starts to question the Alchemist' reliability. She grows more endearing and 'stronger', and also she finally follows her heart regarding to irresistible Adrian Ivashkov. I think I can't thank Ms. Mead enough for created a creature as 'perfect and imperfect in the same time' as Adrian! I love seeing him grows a lot maturer and steadier, far away from a rich-spoiled-drunkard boy in VA. His love to Sydney is very strong and unwavering, he never stops supporting Sydney and always be there for her and I loved to see how Sydney, though in a kind of denial, mutually responds to it. Their adorable interaction is my most favorite part, reading them made me smile widely and swoon heavily! I was soooooo glad finally Sydney takes a very important decision developing her relationship with Adrian to the very next step! =DDD

One thing that actually quite a disappointment of this book for me is Marcus Finch. I was expecting his appearance would twist some aspects, well a little part in me hoped he would be Adrian's rival (I know I was being very rude to beloved Adrian to have a thought like that *while hiding from raging fangirls*) or anything that would make the story be more exciting since he seemed having a special promotion pre-publication. In reality, maybe Adrian has landed a good punch on him but otherwise he almost has no meaningful role even at some times I annoyed at how he thinks and behaves. But I know how genius Richelle Mead is at shocking us so I still have this faith Mead would develop Marcus' role in the future books.

Now I'm very thrilled to read The Fiery Heart, since we'll see the story from Adrian's point of view as well! WOW! =D. I can't wait to read what would happen to Sydney and Adrian after unexpected thing happened at the ending. Mead also has promised us an important scene as powerful as in Shadow Kissed, which quite worry me. I also can't wait to dive into the magic world with Sydney as I found it's very interesting. Can not wait until November! =D



1 comment :

  1. Aku belum pernah baca Bloodlines... nanti kalo ke Periplus lagi beli deh. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)