REVIEW : Only Good Spy Young

Thursday, December 8, 2011

REVIEW : Only Good Spy Young


Only Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls #4)

Author     : Ally Carter
Publisher  : Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Source     : Bought
Pages       : 284

Blurb from Goodreads :
When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.
Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth.as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past.

I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!

"Only A Good Spy Young" is the opposite of the first 2 books and definitely become my favorite book of this series. Okay, I get it. Ally Carter does make this series neat and chronologically, both story and suspense feeling. Slow and flat at the first 2 books, then increasing the pace at the next 2 books. Very thrilling and full of action so I couldn't put this down till the last page. I kept wondering 'what next, what??!, OMG!' while I flipped the pages so yeah I just spent only a day to read this =p

Story, characters and plot are leveled-up here, in a good way. Surprising facts and answers are revealed here, which made me shouting out "NOOOOOOOOOO MR. SOLOMOOOOOOOOON!!!!!", well, inside my head only. But I know he wouldn't disappoint me, he's a real smart-ass and I love him now. My favorite scene is when our girls face their real mission which is very dangerous and full of traps (of course it was set by awesome Solomon) which needs very high espionage skill to fullfill it. My heart throbbed fast when I read that part and can't stop flipped it 0_0.
And... Zach. We also finally know his real identity and it's not good at all, but his background doesn't stop him from protecting Cammie, even he would die for her. Their relationship become more deeper and of course, we know about him better =D. And more important, we get more information about Cammie's father, about his friendship with Solomon and how he became M.I.A. But is he still alive or not, still remain mystery for me, same like the reason why Cammie is being a target of kidnapper from Circle of Cavan, the name of ancient terrorist organization.

I awed with Ally Carter's writing style at this book. She knows well about espionage world and knows how to surprise her reader. Ans especially for this one, it might be lack of romance, but somehow I can feel it hidden between kick-ass action scenes and it's still fascinating. Like Zach and Cammie do. He's totally swoon worth. Who can resist a boy who like you even will die for you and choose you over his own mom? xD

The ending scene is very satisfying but make me carve for the next book, Out of Sight Out of Time that will be released..... OH MY GAAAAAH! STILL ON MARCH 2012! *dies*
So, my rating is also leveled-up for this book ;D Recommended. Believe me, this is not just an ordinary teenlit.



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)