peek a BOOK #1

Thursday, December 15, 2011

peek a BOOK #1


peek a BOOK is er.. kind of meme I make, to show you a book that tickling my curiosity, either because of the cover, blurb or people's excitement at one time. This is more like 'before' wishlist, but mostly will include in my wishlist =p. Basically I'll spot book / series that I haven't read yet, either it's new or old.
Okay, for the first time, I want to peek this book :

Immortal City by Scott Speer

Blurb from Goodreads:
Jackson Godspeed is the hottest young Angel in a city filled with them. He's days away from becoming a full Guardian, and people around the world are already competing for the chance to be watched over by him. Everyone's obsessed with the Angels and the lucky people they protect - everyone except for Madison Montgomery.

Maddy's the one girl in Angel City who doesn't breathlessly follow the Angels on TV and gossip blogs. When she meets Jackson, she doesn't recognize him. But Jackson is instantly captivated by her, and against all odds the two fall in love.

Maddy is swiftly caught up in Jackson's scene, a world of glamour, paparazzi - and murder. A serial killer is on the loose, leaving dead Angels' wings for the police to find on the Walk of Fame. Even the Guardians are powerless to protect themselves in the face of this threat … and this time it's up to Maddy to save Jackson.

Angels and Hollywood and Murder. Interesting mixture =D.
I read that the author, Scott Speer, is an MTV music video director (and he's still very young! 29 year old =D) so he sure knows well about celebrity life. And usually, male authors make wonderful love story (liek Nicholas Spark, yeah ;D) so i'm looking forward for this title.
Gonna vait for more reviews for this book =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)