Dusty Reads #3

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dusty Reads #3



Dusty Reads is a meme hosted by Giselle from Expresso Reads, featuring a book which has been staying at my bookpile for the longest.
For this week, my dusty reads is 'The Alchemist' by Michael Scott

The Alchemist (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott

Blurb from Goodreads
He holds the secret that can end the world.

The truth: Nicholas Flamel was born in Paris on September 28, 1330. Nearly 700 years later, he is acknowledged as the greatest Alchemyst of his day. It is said that he discovered the secret of eternal life.

The records show that he died in 1418.

But his tomb is empty.

The legend: Nicholas Flamel lives. But only because he has been making the elixir of life for centuries. The secret of eternal life is hidden within the book he protects—the Book of Abraham the Mage. It's the most powerful book that has ever existed. In the wrong hands, it will destroy the world. That's exactly what Dr. John Dee plans to do when he steals it. Humankind won't know what's happening until it's too late. And if the prophecy is right, Sophie and Josh Newman are the only ones with the power to save the world as we know it.

Sometimes legends are true.

And Sophie and Josh Newman are about to find themselves in the middle of the greatest legend of all time.

This series is one of my friend recommendation. She already read this and said it was good. Nicholas Flamel reminds me to Harry Potter xD so I bought it when it released here. I already purchased until The Necromancer but haven't read the first book yet, haha. Not sure when I'll read this, maybe after I can get this once my home's renovation is done


2 comments :

  1. This book is good! I only finished the 1st one though. I forget do I have The Warlock or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a great pick for Dusty Reads :)

    I have read the whole series and really enjoyed it, and I hope when you do read The Alchemist, you enjoy it too!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    My Dusty Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)