REVIEW : Blood Promise

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

REVIEW : Blood Promise


Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)

Author     : Richelle Mead
Publisher  : Matahati
Pages       : 570

Blurb :
Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

Have i ever said I love Vampire Academy series?
I LOVE VAMPIRE ACADEMY. SO MUCH. /just erased too many "o","!", and "u"/
I don't care how many time I've said it, because they worth it =D
Richelle Mead makes a wonderful and rich vampire world with its awesome story, intrigue, passion and characters to be loved like Rose, Dimitri, Lissa, Christian, Adrian, even some side characters are lovable too. Not exactly like 'I couldn't put it down' because I have go to work, but it did make me stayed up late in the night and woke up with heavy eyes.

This forth book is more focused to Rose's Journey to Siberia, Dimitri's hometown, to find and kill him, her mentor and also her lover who became a Strigoi after their attack on St. Vladimir Academy. This means Rose also drops out from school and leaves Lissa, her bestfriend and the last Dragomir she oaths to guards. But although she's apart from Lissa, Rose keeps checking Lissa's condition through her head, even at her "worse condition" she still remember Lissa. So thankful because the friendship between Rose and Lissa is awesome like that, and also the awesome writing skill of Richelle Mead that makes this book doesn't concern too much on Rose's adventure like I ever worried before.
We still meet Lissa, Christian, and Adrian/withtonsofheartshere/ with their own problems, although it's from Rose's head. I really like how Lissa grows and develop her character maturer than before, and also Adrian who is not only a drunkard playboy and begin to concern people around him, which makes me love him more /withtonsofheartshere/. Beside main characters, there's some new people Rose meets with surprising abilities and identities who I think they have important roles at the rest books, they makes me feels "Oh, there's a hope!" and they are lovable too. Sydney and Abe are already my favorite =)

I was afraid I would get full-of-heartbreaking story from the beginning til the end. The end of Shadow Kiss was like a beginning of sad ending for me. I was like : "OMG, will Rose kill Dimitri???" (which I know it's impossible, but I can't predict what would happen) and "Will Rose ends with Adrian??" (and my anger rose because I want to own Adrian for myself. LOL, ignore that). But I'm glad I was wrong.
Yes this book is more emotional stirring than other 3 books. At a time you might feel as frustated and sad as Rose does but after that you feel a slight of releaved and amused to see how real and kick-ass and strong she is. And surprisingly, Strigoi-Dimitri is not that bad, even as awesome as before (except the fact he preys on human for their blood, which stains his perfectness on me =_=, well, Strigoi after all).

This book, or this series, is definitely a must read. Twist, funny, heartbreaking, pack of action, lovable and strong characters, thrilling romance, you'll find all of these inside.
Just.... try to read it ;)

I looked him in the eye. "I will always love you."

Then I plunged the stake into his chest.
AAAARGH!!!
WHEN WILL I GET SPIRIT BOUND????
;A;

Photobucket

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your time and giving me your amazing thoughts. I read each one of your comments and I really really appreciate them! ;)